PENNSYLVANIA HEALTH LAW PROJECT
Toll Free Helpline 1-800-274-3258
Acerca de la Línea de Ayuda / (800) 274-3258
PHLP provides free legal help to Pennsylvanians who are seeking health coverage through publicly funded programs, or have been denied a medically necessary service.
Some examples of cases we handle include:
- Denials of eligibility for Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Denials of services under Medical Assistance (e.g., home health aides, prescription drugs, durable medical equipment)
- Individuals struggling with their health care costs
- Individuals struggling with their prescription co-pays under Medicare Part D
PITTSBURGH HEALTH BRIGADE
Community-created provider directory and more. Search for health care providers recommended by your fellow Pittsburghers and/or recommend someone yourself. Also has sections on how to recognize good health care as well as resource listings.
THE PENNSYLVANIA HEALTH ACCESS NETWORK
PHAN can help you
- get health insurance coverage – Medicaid, CHiP, ACA (Obamacare) Coverage…
- resolve problems related to your health coverage
- participate in political actions for health care access
DISABILITY RIGHTS NETWORK
429 Fourth Avenue, Suite 701
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1505
Live telephone intake hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
https://www.disabilityrightspa.org/get-help/intake/ – Online intake form
DRP helps people with disabilities:
– With disability-related problems in employment, education, housing, access to facilities and programs, and access to the opportunity to vote
– Who are subjected to abuse or neglect
– Eliminate institutionalization and segregation and advocates for integrated community services, supports and treatment
– Eliminate discrimination on the basis of disability
– Advocate for government service systems and funding for people with disabilities
Pittsburgh PA 15201
Monday-Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM
PERSAD serves as an advocate for gender-non-conforming people who have experienced discrimination.
ALLIES FOR HEALTH + WELL-BEING
5913 PENN AVE, 2ND FLOOR
PITTSBURGH, PA 15206
Provide free legal assistance on civil matters for clients with HIV/AIDS.
Entrance wheelchair-accessible, wheelchair-accessible exam tables. Gender-neutral bathrooms, use people’s preferred pronouns, inclusive. Language interpreters available for appointments.
NAMI SOUTHWESTERN PA
105 Braunlich Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
To contact NAMI Keystone PA’s adult mental health advocate, call the HelpLine at 1-888-264-7972. The HelpLine is staffed Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
Everyone needs an advocate. NAMI Keystone Pennsylvania gives individuals and families the facts, support, and tools necessary to make educated decisions about treatment and services. We also provide up-to-date information on state and federal legislation that impacts them and we help connect individuals with their policymakers.
CONSUMER HEALTH COALITION
415 East Ohio Street, Suite 300
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Services are free.
Consumer Health Coalition has Certified Marketplace Navigators who can assist you with applying for and navigating public health insurance programs, including the Affordable Care Act or “Obamacare,” Medical Assistance, and CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program).
Helpline staff also assists families with renewing their health coverage, reaching their caseworkers to resolve issues, applying for free and low-cost pharmaceutical programs, navigating patient assistance programs, and learning how to use your health insurance.
- Call our Help Line at 412-456-1877
- Llame a nuestra Línea de Ayuda en Español: 412-456-1877 x205
- Or visit GetEnrolledPGH.com to submit your contact information directly to CHC online.