ALLIES FOR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
5913 PENN AVE, 2ND FLOOR
PITTSBURGH, PA 15206
412 345 7456
- Medical Case Management
- Support Groups
- Legal Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Supportive Housing
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- Food Pantry
- Buddy Program
THE POSITIVE HEALTH CLINIC
Federal North Medical Building (near Allegheny General Hospital)
1307 Federal Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
For information on HIV testing/HIV care: 412-359-3360
If newly diagnosed with HIV: 412-398-6768
The PHC receives federal Ryan White Care Act funding, allowing us to provide a wide range of primary and specialized HIV care, regardless of an individual’s medical insurance coverage or ability to pay.
- Rapid HIV treatment, with many people starting treatment within 72 hours of diagnosis, often the same day
- Referral for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), a daily HIV prevention medication for people at very high risk for HIV
- High resolution anoscopy, advanced testing for people at high risk of anal cancer
- Comprehensive HIV care, including treatment for people with Hepatitis C
- Physician referrals for more specialized medical care when needed
- Referral to clinical trials
- General medical care
- Gynecologic care, including contraception and care through pregnancy
- Mental health assessment, counseling, and support
- Substance use screening and treatment, including on-site, medication-assisted treatment for opioid use disorders
- Medications and medication counseling
- Nutrition support
- Assistance with applications for medical insurance and benefit programs
- HIV wellness classes and support groups
- Patient advocacy and peer support
- Transportation assistance
- Smoking cessation programs where we help you quit smoking
- Counseling services for mental health problems, such as depression
- Case management for nonmedical needs
- Wellness Dinners improve nutrition and provide emotional support.
- Social Events and Outings combat isolation and loneliness.
- Wellness Education Programs provide information about HIV/AIDS treatment and the latest medical advances.
- Support Groups boost mental and physical health and guide members through the challenges of living with HIV/AIDS.
- Spiritual Life Programs offer insight, encouragement, inspiration, direction and guidance, and are presented in an interfaith format.
- Fitness and Alternative Therapy Programs. A variety of fitness and alternative therapy programs help promote physical and emotional well-being and also relieve fatigue and stress.
- Transportation Assistance to SWC programs (mileage reimbursement and bus tickets).
- Peer Counseling Telephone Calls connect members with HIV/AIDS services and offer a lifeline of help and hope.